Thanks for your interest in contributing to The Wellie Project blog! This is truly a community effort, and we’re glad to have you be a part of it :) No writing experience is necessary, don’t worry! We’re simply looking for girls who want to share their health and wellness experiences with others to inspire and educate them. The goal of this blog is to make wellness fun, simple to understand, and easy for any girl to apply to her life. Our target audience is girls ages 13 – early 20s who want to live a healthy lifestyle!
A few guidelines:
- The types of articles we’re looking for include topics such as advice, how-to’s, personal stories, and lessons learned. Some ideas to write about include, but are not limited to: What have you experienced on your health and wellness journey? What obstacles have you overcome? What are you struggling with? What have you learned? What are your favorite ways to stay healthy? What are your tips for other girls who want to start their own health and wellness journey?
- Articles should relate to at least one of our twelve Wellie Principles
- Tone and messages should be positive, inspirational, and inclusive
- If you include any facts or statistics, please give credit and provide a link to the source
- You are welcome to submit personal pictures to be included along with the post. Please only submit original pictures that you own!
- The length of your post is up to you, but a good range to aim for is around 300-600 words. That’s long enough to fully express an idea, but short enough to keep the reader engaged until the end!
Anyone is welcome to submit an article, and you can submit as many as you’d like! You can run ideas by us first or submit completed pieces to be evaluated. Articles can be sent directly in the body of an email, or attached in a Word document. Images can be attached in the email as well. If your submission is accepted, we will do some light editing of the writing and images before posting to the blog. If any larger revisions are needed, we’ll send it back to you with some notes and work together to make your article as awesome as it can be!
Please understand that your contributions are voluntary and we don’t provide any monetary compensation. However, you will be making a difference in the lives of so many girls, and that is a pretty awesome thing! :)
Send all submissions to email@example.com